Approx. 0.91 acres of undeveloped land forming part of the Old Water Station, Lochfoot, Dumfries. Large building plot in good sought after residential development with panoramic views over open countryside.
Ideal development opportunity which has had planning permission previously granted for the erection of a dwellinghouse.
Please telephone the Selling Agents on 01387 267222 to arrange a viewing.
An area of undeveloped land, formerly part of the Old Water Station on the outskirts of Lochfoot village, dumfries. The land is mostly level and is generally rectangular in shape, with a small offshoot to the north-east, where a small brick outbuilding remains. There are access points from the nearby public road leading to the north and south of the site, the latter understood to include a right of access over land belonging to a neighboring property. The subject are estimated to extend in total to approximately 0.91 acres and are as identified coloured pink on the above site plan. The site is currently only partially defined by fixed boundaries. The property is situated in a semi-rural setting, a short distance from the small rural village of lochfoot, and lies approximately 5 miles to the west of the regional capital of dumfries, where a wide range of amenities are readily accessible.
From Dumfries side at the Cuckoo Bridge roundabout take the second exit onto the A75. At the next roundabout Take the third exist and stay on A75. At the final roundabout take the first exit and the destination will be on the left.
Lochfoot is a picturesque village surrounded by countryside and is excellent for those who enjoy outdoor activities including walking, cycling or fishing. Lochfoot itself has Primary School and community village hall. Dumfries is approx. 5 miles away which has a range of amenities including supermarkets, restaurants and bars, leisure facilities and commuter links including train station with links to Carlisle and Glasgow. DGRI Hospital is a 5 min drive. Castle Douglas is approx. 14 miles away, which has an abundance of small local and tourist retail shops, and Lochfoot’s location gives access to the lovely Solway Coast.
Planning permission has been previously granted for two individual dwellings, together with a shared access, but expired September 2022, this plot is a great opportunity subject to the purchaser obtaining any necessary permissions for development.
Mains water and electricity supplies are available on site. Alterations to the original drainage system may be required.
Contact Selling Agents
Offers must be submitted in Scottish legal terms to Walker & Sharpe, Solicitors, 37 George Street, Dumfries. A closing date for offers may be arranged and prospective purchasers are advised to register their interest following inspection.
- The subjects are sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and the Seller is not responsible for such faults and defects, or for any statements contained in the Particulars of the Property prepared by Walker & Sharpe.
- The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he/she/they have not entered into this contract in reliance on any said statements, that he/she/they have satisfied themselves as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise, and that no warranty or representation has been made by the Seller in relation to or in connection with the subjects.
- Any error, omission, or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the Purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages, nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
- These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair overall view of the subjects. If any points are particularly relevant to your interest, please ask for further information.
- Any areas, measurements or distances referred to are given as a GUIDE ONLY and are not precise. If such details are fundamental to a purchase, purchasers must rely on their own enquiries or those which can be performed by their appointed advisers.
- Where any reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses, such information is given in good faith. Purchasers should, however, make their own enquiries into such matters prior to purchase.
- Descriptions of the subjects are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that the descriptions are likely to match expectations you may have of the subjects.
- The information in these Particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the Seller. The Particulars do not form any part of an offer or a contract.
Requirements of Writing Act
Neither these Particulars nor any subsequent communication relative to the property shall be binding upon the Seller (whether acted on or otherwise) unless the same is incorporated within a written document signed by the Seller or on their behalf satisfying the requirements of Section 3 of the Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995 or is granted in pursuance of any such document.
Register your interest in this property
Contact Walker & Sharpe
You may also like...
Dumfries , DG2 9QQ
Offers over £95,000
Dumfries , DG2 9PX
Offers over £98,000
32 Whitesands , Dumfries
Mouswald Park , Mouswald , Dumfries
Guide Price £100,000