- Panoramic open views
- Good - sized plot
- Planning Permission in Principle
- Bungalow, garage, garden and driveway potential
Large building plot in good sought after residential development with panoramic views over open countryside but still attached to the village.
Planning Permission in Principle for a detached three bedroom bungalow with good sized garden and garage. Water sewerage diversion has been accepted (should the house Purchasers house design necessitate).
Copies of the planning documents are available from the Selling Agents, upon request.
Thornhill is located in the Mid Nithsdale Area of Dumfries & Galloway and is surrounded by the Nithsdale Valley with Carsphairn and Scaur range to west and Lowther Hills to east.
Drumlanrig is the main street with roundabout heading off forming a grid pattern.
From the Drumlanrigg Road roundabout coming from Dumfries direction if you go to the third right at the roundabout onto Manse Road. At the garage take the left fork and follow this up beyond the church and take the first road on the right into Manse Park development.
Thornhill also known as the ‘ducal village’ is set in miles of beautiful countryside. This scenic part of the world is steeped in history with quiet country lanes and heritage trails. The main street of Thornhill itself is bustling with activity and has a multitude of local amenities including retail outlets, takeaways, cafes, pubs, hotels, food stores, large pharmacy, garage, Post Office and Sorting Office.
There are leisure facilities including Bowling Green, squash court, golf course and the River Nith which is nearby is a popular fishing venue. There are a number of places of interest including woodlands, castle nearby and lochs. For walking and cycling enthusiasts there is an array of hill walking and biking trails including river walks with picnic areas.
There is a small hospital and health centre. All under one roof school facility which caters for nursery, primary and secondary levels. Thornhill church.
Thornhill is on excellent bus route to Moffat, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Ayr and more.
Planning Permission in Principle has been obtained from Dumfries & Galloway Council with the relevant planning documents, Ref 18/0169/PIP and 18/1793/PIP, dated 7th February 2018, and are available from the Selling Agents upon request.
There is an example of the design layout which suits the plot but clients can design their own bungalow layout to suit them. The plot also has adequate space for generous sized garden with potential wrap around driveway to front in order that a garage could be included.
Mains water and electricity supplies are available on site. Please note that Scottish Water have given approval for a sewer diversion to the owner in which any potential purchaser can then act upon. (should the house Purchasers house design necessitate). Please see new plan below of sewage layout.
The owner of the plot will be doing the viewings. He will be available to advise of further information.
Offers must be submitted in Scottish legal terms to Walker & Sharpe, Solicitors, 37 George Street, Dumfries. A closing date for offers may be arranged and prospective purchasers are advised to register their interest following inspection.
- The subjects are sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and the Seller is not responsible for such faults and defects, or for any statements contained in the Particulars of the Property prepared by Walker & Sharpe.
- The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he/she/they have not entered into this contract in reliance on any said statements, that he/she/they have satisfied themselves as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise, and that no warranty or representation has been made by the Seller in relation to or in connection with the subjects.
- Any error, omission, or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the Purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages, nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
- These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair overall view of the subjects. If any points are particularly relevant to your interest, please ask for further information.
- Any areas, measurements or distances referred to are given as a GUIDE ONLY and are not precise. If such details are fundamental to a purchase, purchasers must rely on their own enquiries or those which can be performed by their appointed advisers.
- Where any reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses, such information is given in good faith. Purchasers should, however, make their own enquiries into such matters prior to purchase.
- Descriptions of the subjects are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that the descriptions are likely to match expectations you may have of the subjects.
- The information in these Particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the Seller. The Particulars do not form any part of an offer or a contract.
Requirements of Writing Act
Neither these Particulars nor any subsequent communication relative to the property shall be binding upon the Seller (whether acted on or otherwise) unless the same is incorporated within a written document signed by the Seller or on their behalf satisfying the requirements of Section 3 of the Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995 or is granted in pursuance of any such document.
Register your interest in this property
Contact Walker & Sharpe
You may also like...
Guide Price £85,000